Jun.-Prof. Dr. Anne Katarina Heider
Co-Director of the Witten Institute for Family Business
Phone: +49 2302 926 534
Jun.-Prof. Dr Anne K. Heider has been co-director at the Witten Institute for Family Business (WIFU) since 2020 and heads the research department „Family Entrepreneurship and Innovation”. In her teaching, research and consulting activities, she deals with innovation behaviour, design thinking approaches and digital business models in family businesses. In addition, she accompanies business families in family strategy development processes and the development of digital skills.
Main areas of work, research and interest:
- Family businesses’ ability to innovate
- Business model innovations in family businesses
- Innovation process and innovation success in family businesses
- Digital business model innovation
- Digitisation strategies in family businesses
- Design-thinking corporate culture in family businesses
- Resource-specific features and dynamic skills
Selected publications by Jun.-Prof. Dr. Anne Katarina Heider:
- Debellis, F., Pinelli, M., Hülsbeck, M., & Heider, A. K. (2023) Ownership, Governance and Internationalization of Family Firms: A replication and extension. Small Business Economics. Online first.
- Heider, A.K., Clauß, T., Hülsbeck, M., Gerken, M., Rüsen, T. (2022) Blood is thicker than water: The Role of family willingness and family ability in achieving holistic digitalization in family businesses. International Journal of Innovation Management. Online first.
- Heider, A.K., Gerken, M., van Dinther, N., & Hülsbeck, M. (2021) Business model innovation through dynamic capabilities in small and medium enterprises – Evidence from the German Mittelstand. Journal of Business Research, 130, 635-645.
- Heider, A.K., Hülsbeck, M. & von Schlenk-Barnsdorf, L. (2021) The Role of family firm specific resources in innovation: an integrative literature review and framework. Management Review Quarterly.