Prof. Dr. Arist von Schlippe
Chairholder of Leadership & Dynamics in Family Businesses
Phone: +49 2302 926 513
Professor von Schlippe was appointed as a recognized expert in family psychology to the chair “Management and Dynamics of Family Businesses” at the Witten Institute for Family Businesses (WIFU) in 2005. He headed WIFU between 2007 and 2017 as academic director. Since 2017 he has continued his chair with a reduced teaching load.
Professor von Schlippe is a qualified psychologist, (Hamburg University 1976), psychological psychotherapist, family therapist and family psychologist. He gained his PhD at Osnabrück University (1986) and habilitated there in psychotherapy and clinical psychology (2001). From 1986 to 2015 he worked part-time as a teaching therapist and teaching supervisor at the Institute for Family Therapy Weinheim e.V. From 1999-2005 he was the first chairman of the Systemic Society, Berlin.
Main areas of work, research and interest
- Crisis and conflict management in family businesses
- Family strategies and family governance in family businesses
- The significance of history and stories as ‘family memory’ in family businesses
- Succession in family businesses
- Systemic parent coaching
- Chronic illness in the context of the family You can find an overview of Arist von Schlippe's publications at Research Gate