FAMILY ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION
In September 2022, Anne Heider was appointed to the Junior Professorship for Family Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the Faculty of Management, Economics and Society at Witten/Herdecke University.
The research area covers innovation and entrepreneurship in family businesses in a broader context. One particular aspect is the question of how succession in the company and the family owning the family business is organised. Other focal points of the research area include innovation behaviour, design thinking approaches, “family capital” and business model development in family businesses.
- Innovation and Technology Management
- Agile methods of project management
- Head of WIFU Graduate Colloge
Jun.-Prof. Dr. Anne Heider
Phone: +49 2302 926 534
Jun.-Prof. Dr. Anne K. Heider has been co-director at the Witten Institute for Family Business (WIFU) since 2020 and has been head of the research area “Family Entrepreneurship and Innovation” since September 2022. In her teaching, research and consulting activities, she focuses on innovation behaviour, design thinking approaches and digital business models in family businesses. In addition, she accompanies business families in family-strategic development processes and the development of digital competencies.
- Debellis, F., Pinelli, M., Hülsbeck, M., & Heider, A. K. (2023) Ownership, Governance and Internationalization of Family Firms: A replication and extension. Small Business Economics. Online first.
- Heider, A.K., Clauß, T., Hülsbeck, M., Gerken, M., Rüsen, T. (2022) Blood is thicker than water: The Role of family willingness and family ability in achieving holistic digitalization in family businesses. International Journal of Innovation Management. Online first.
- Heider, A.K., Gerken, M., van Dinther, N., & Hülsbeck, M. (2021) Business model innovation through dynamic capabilities in small and medium enterprises – Evidence from the German Mittelstand. Journal of Business Research, 130, 635-645.
- Heider, A.K., Hülsbeck, M. & von Schlenk-Barnsdorf, L. (2021) The Role of family firm specific resources in innovation: an integrative literature review and framework. Management Review Quarterly.